Thursday, June 30, 2005

what happened last night

One of our old PCs got broken and the motherboard needs to be replaced with a new one. Being interested in PCs, I decided to fix it myself so that there will be no money to be spent on labor and so that I can learn how to fix it for I was planning to build a PC of my own.

With the new the parts ready, I began fixing it last night. Everything was doing well...but then when I start to boot it up...nothing displays on the monitor! It even shut down after how many seconds! Being paranoid and all, I've came up with theories why it went that way. I may had incorrectly connected something or maybe the motherboard is broken (I went crazy with the thought of it because the motherboard is brand new!) or maybe it's in the processor...I even thought of the silliest theories to support what happened-- I forgot to wash my face that's why it didn't work...

My brother came to rescue. He checked the PC and made his theories also. I was so nervous that time because I thought I broke the motherboard which is just new and I can't afford to replace it with a new one. He told me that maybe I forgot to connect something on the motherboard but I thought that connection would be irrelevant. Hours passed and we still can't figure out what's wrong...We tried many attempts but it is still unsuccessful. We gave up and my brother told me that he will ask a PC shop nearby.

All throughout today, I feel so nervous on what will be the outcome of the problem. My brother called me up with an exciting news. The motherboard is perfectly fine. I just forgot to connect something. The theory of my brother was correct. I was relieved with that and finally I can finish what I have started. I can't wait to finish it up tonight!

If there is something that should be learned from this...then so be it...haha...I don't care... I just would like to share my thoughts to you...

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 01, 2005 11:27:00 AM, Blogger lenai bojc druz said...

the title of the blog should have been... "Theory theory (pronounced as tsuri tsuri!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home